Tuesday, June 7, 2011

One World...Many, Many Stories

Our youngest son, Camron, is participating in the summer book reading program at our local library.  The guest speaker today was a magician.  He told stories in a way that was captivating to the young children and adults.  He had every ones attention!  It was a great show and an interesting way to get kids eager to read. 

As I listened to the magician, I found myself thinking about the title of this program "One World...Many, Many Stories".  God has really been laying it on my heart lately about praising Him more by sharing my stories about Him to others.  I have a friend who about a year ago approached me about writing a book with her.  At that time, my response was that "I" was not interested because "I" had no desire to write about anything.  Let me confess to you that God really had to get my "I" out of the way so that "He" could work through me.  God has recently placed the desire to write in me.  I know that it is God because I am not the best writer.  I don't always use correct grammar.  I have a lot of flaws, but I do believe I can do anything in Christ who strengthens me!  The point is this simple, I CAN'T do anything but God in me CAN do anything!  I am nothing without Him! 

One World...Many, Many Stories - Whether we choose to write, speak, act in skits, email, text, phone conversations, preach, teach or however God has gifted us to tell our stories, we ALL have stories to share of His greatness!  Of all that God delivers to us, He only ask one thing in return...Go and tell others about Him.  We live in One World...But we have Many, Many Stories! 

Please pray for me as I embrace this journey of sharing my stories by writing.  My prayer is that however it plays out, whether by book, blog, magazine or however God sees fit, I pray that God will be glorified and that someone will meet Jesus through my sharing of Him!

Let me end by encouraging you to go share your stories of His greatness in your life.  Someone is waiting for you to introduce them to Jesus! 

God Bless,
Tonya

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...