Monday, June 20, 2011

I Love You This Big!

Psalm 36:5 "Your love, O Lord, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies."

Do you ever really ponder the thought of how much God loves you?  We know his ultimate display of love was his death on the cross for our sins, but do you ever just sit and listen as God tells you that he loves you?

As I write this, my mind is filled with memories of my children when they were younger. I can remember my oldest son stretching his arms opened wide and saying "I love you this big!" and our middle son would always want to be in my arms sharing hugs and kisses galore!  When our youngest son started talking, he would say 'I love you' but it came out sounding like "I - O - U."  He is seven years old now and I still have a voice mail message on my phone of him saying "I - O - U".  I just can't bring myself to delete it.

As we see families expressing love to each other, God expresses his love to us everyday.  It is just a matter of slowing down enough to meditate and hear him.  This past week, we enjoyed a few days at the beach in Florida.  As we were sitting on the beach soaking up the sunshine, I started pondering the thought of how big this ocean is.  As far as the eye could see, it appeared that the ocean was never ending.  Immediately, I heard God say, I love you this big!  God was telling me that he loved me as big as the ocean.  Do you know how much water covers the earth? A little more than 70%.  That is a LOT of water.  That is a LOT of love! :) 


As you go about your daily busyness today, look and listen for the "I - O - U" better understood as "I Love You" from God!  He is constantly displaying his love to us.  His love endures forever!

This blog may be short and simple today, but remember God loves you as big as the ocean!  His love reaches to the heavens!  There is nothing small or simple about that!

Sharing His love,

Tonya 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...