Friday, April 9, 2010

Weakness is Our Strength

How many of us actually like to admit our weaknesses?  We think it will somehow make us less of a person or show that we may not be as strong as others in certain areas of our lives. 

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 "But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.  That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties.  For when I am weak, then I am strong."
 
Just like Paul, there are times in my life when I am going through a  hard situation or dealing with my thorn in the flesh and I just cry out to God to fix it or plead for Him to take the hardship from me.  Through these scriptures God showed me that our weakness is our strength through Him.  To be weak means that one can get stronger. This reminds me of an example of my son.  I have watched my oldest son over the past year get in the gym and work really hard everyday to produce muscles and be stronger. He has strived to work harder in the gym to improve his abilities in baseball. He now throws harder as a pitcher and his batting has improved greatly. You see, Ryan's weakness was his strength. Instead of being captive to his weakness, he was determined to conquer it and become better.  The same goes for us in our weaknesses.  We can choose to be captive or we can choose to receive God's power to overcome.  It will take effort on our part just as it did with Ryan.  We have to work hard in becoming stronger.  We have to trust and seek God, allowing His power to work in our lives. 
God's grace is sufficient for you and me.  His power is made perfect and known in our weaknesses.  We know that without Him, we are weak....But with Him, our weakness can be made strong.

So, whatever weakness you may be dealing with, trust and seek God to grow you stronger.  Be more open to share your weakness with God and let His power rest on you to shine to others. 

I am weak, but He is strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...