Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Just for Moms!

Forgive me for not blogging much lately.  I was explaining to a friend the other day about how busy and crazy our lives have been lately.  We have a son who is a senior in high school and will be graduating in just a few weeks, graduation parties to plan, a son who is 15 and constantly putting me under stress while riding with him as he learns to drive, 3 sons playing baseball (two on high school level and one in T-Ball), sports and academic banquets to attend, a husband learning a new job in a new position, working a job outside the home on top of my wife/mom duties (which is very rewarding but with no pay), I teach a ladies Sunday School class every other month (thank you Jennifer for teaching the months in between), and I could just go on and on with other daily tasks!  Whew!  That took the breathe out of me just typing it! 

Now, let me tell you what makes all this worth while...a husband that loves and works hard to provide for his family as God would have him to, an 18 year old who still gives his mom and dad hugs and is not afraid to say I love you, a 15 year old with a LOT of personality that brings so much laughter to our home and a 6 year old that said to me last night "Mumma, will you always love me?  Even when I am grown? Even if I break something?" And mumma replied "Yes, baby..I will always love you" and then a big hug and kiss from him. And also, what a blessing to watch women from the sunday school class grow and allowing God to transform them before our eyes! As I thought about just how much I love my husband, children and others, I was reminded of the unconditional love that God gives each of us.  When we grow, He continuously shows and tells us how much He loves us, He alone brings so much joy into our chaotic lives, and even when we mess up He is always there to forgive and comfort us as He corrects us. So, whatever chaos your day may bring to you as a mother or wife...trust in the Lord and sit at His feet while He feeds the one spiritually that "literally" will be feeding others today!

It may be a crazy life....but it is our life and with Christ that strenghtens us, we can do anything!

2 comments:

  1. Aww, Mrs. Tonya!! Cam made me cry! I love being able to look up to you as a friend and it's blogs like these that remind me why and teach me even more about the jobs I have to look forward to. It is awesome to see so much love going around! Have a blessed day! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jessica! Also, thank you very much for my card on Sunday! You are such a sweet person and have such a tender loving personality! You are a blessing! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...