Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Sing A Song!

This past Sunday in Sunday School, we talked about Moses singing a song to a rebellious Israel.  Moses transposed a song from the message God had given him to share.  

Deu 31:30 "And Moses recited the words of this song from beginning to end in the hearing of the whole assembly of Israel."  (Moses recites the song in Deuteronomy 32)

Moses had been preaching, but his assembly was having a hard time understanding, you think?  So in order to teach them more clearly, he teaches them a song.  Moses' song teaches about God's faithfulness, people's sin, repentance and salvation.   Moses delivered this sermon through song!

I love music and singing (even though I don't have the best voice).  So many times, God will speak a message to me through the many Christian songs that I listen to and sing along with.  He uses song to help comfort me when I am having a bad day or gives me a song to sing when I want to shout with praise to Him.

Why do we sing songs?  Have you ever thought about that?  Songs remind us of what God has done for us and often times how we should respond to His mercy and grace on us.  Let's sing a few songs together today. :)

Click the song titles and happy singing!!!  I challenge you to listen to these songs and allow God to change your outlook today as He ministers to you through song!

Sing a Song - Third Day  (I want to sing a song for you Lord!)

Shackles - Mary Mary (Take these shackles off so I can praise You! - Go ahead, get up and dance on this one - it will definitely make you want to!!!)

This Little Light of Mine - Addison Road (Go ahead...let it shine!)

Someone Worth Dying For - Mikes Chair (Yes, you are worth dying for!)

Spirit Wind - Casting Crowns - (Struggling with dry bones? Be revived with the spirit wind of the Lord!)  And of course, I could not share songs without at least one Casting Crowns song, because they are my favorite! Lol!

The next time you feel led to give God praise...don't hesitate in lifting your hands, stomping your foot, or even breaking out with a Holy sway as you glorify God!  God created song and music to minister to us and for us to sound even sweeter when we praise Him!  :)

Praising Him through song and dance today,

Tonya

2 comments:

  1. I remember Bro. Bryan saying many times that one of His children singing out to Him sounds better to God than 10,000 angels in heaven. So today, I'm going to sing aloud and praise his name, take off this cloak of depression, and revive my spirit. Like facebook said, use what you've got right now. :) Love you sister! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I'm certainly no professional singer, but I love to sing and it's such a meaningful part of worship for me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...