Monday, April 2, 2012

The Waiting Game

On one occasion, while he was eating with them, he gave them this command: "Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about.  Acts 1:4

At this time, Jesus has nothing for the disciples to do but wait.  They were commanded to wait on the Holy Spirit.  Jesus knew they could do nothing effective for the kingdom of God until the Spirit came upon them.



Have you ever found yourself in a situation where all you could do is wait on God?  A situation where there is nothing that you can do to resolve your problem?  Maybe your marriage is on the edge of disaster or you are at your wits-end with a rebellious teenage child.  Perhaps your finances look so pitiful that you can't even dig lint out of your pockets. You are just simply at a place where the only thing you can do is wait on God to fix your problem.  Don't loose hope.  God has a purpose for your "waiting" and God will deliver and be glorified! 

Allow me to first confess that I am NOT good at waiting and this has been one tough test for this girl!  Perhaps that is why God has (notice present tense) me in a "waiting" season now.  He wants me to not just learn how to wait on Him, but learn to trust Him completely!  The more we wait, the more we learn to trust.  As my dear friend, Miss Patricia, used to say to my son, Justin - "Justin, you are just-in time", God is always just-in time!  He is rarely early, never late, but always just in time!

These past few months have been a great struggle for me.  I have found myself feeling helpless and not able to control many circumstances around me.  Thankfully, God has taken me from the pit of helplessness, lack of confidence, insecurity, feeling as though my life is a blur TO standing confident in my "field of life" proclaiming what God has promised me and being secure in His arms, trusting and acknowledging His every move has great purpose in my life.  I may not always understand his path for me, but I am learning the hard way to trust his steps for me.    

My prayer for you today, my sweet sister or brother (you that is searching for answers in your struggle) is that you draw as close to God as possible during what seems like a "hopeless" situation.  As long as we have God, we always have hope.  Wait for the gifts that God has promised.  He is faithful and always just in time!

Just a girl waiting,

Tonya

 

4 comments:

  1. Oh the 'wait', ... yes, I have been there. Perhaps, in a sense, we are always there.

    Thank you for this post. It helps me so much when I'm reminded of the men and women found in scripture, who have walked the same paths before us, both in trial and triumps. It's so encouraging.

    Bless you while you continue in the journey while you're called to wait. May the feelings of helplessness be lifted from you as you trust the Savior.

    Blessings,
    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you, while you wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always encouraged by that verse in Isaiah that says that "those who wait on the Lord will renew their strength" and "mount up on wings like eagles." Hope you get your wings soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tonya - I so know what you mean. The waiting can be tough and i too am not good at waiting. But its our attitude in the waiting that determines some of the outcome. Here's to waiting gracefully! Thanks for linking up Tonya, look forward to seeing you there next week :)
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...